How We Use Your Personal Information
Account data - We may process your account data including your name and email address for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, and communicating with you.
Transactional data - We may process information relating to transactions, including your contact details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
Notifications - We may send you the notifications related to your orders by email or text message, to keep you up to date with the status of your order.
Correspondence - When you communicate with us, the correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. This includes asking you to review our products and services after you have made a purchase.
Marketing and Communications Data - This includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Usage data - We may process data about your use of our website and services, including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths and information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. We do this to monitor and improve our website and services. Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
About our Website - Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix’s data storage, databases and the general Wix applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
Payments - All direct payment gateways offered by Wix and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
How is Your Personal Data Collected?
Via direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for our products or services
- Create an account on our website
- Subscribe to our service or publications
- Request marketing to be sent to you
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- Give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. For more information please see our Cookies policy below.
Your information and countries outside Europe
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share or store your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA.
- Identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website
- Determine if you are logged into our website
- Maintain the state of your shopping cart as you navigate our website
- Help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new cookies and to delete existing cookies. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
Cookies Used by Our Service Providers
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
Promotional offers from us - We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Third-party marketing - We do not share your personal data with any company that is not The Fine Art Company Ltd for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any by emailing at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase or other transactions.
You have rights relating to your personal information, including the following:
- To be informed about how your personal information is being used
- To access the personal information we hold about you
- To request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- To request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- To stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- To request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- To complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
The right to access the personal information we hold about you is subject to a £10 fee and supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
The Services are intended for users ages 18 and older. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from persons that we know to be under the age of 18. In addition, we will delete any information in our database that we know originates from a child under the age of 18.
Updating your personal information
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update or remove personal information previously provided to us by contacting our customer service department at
How to Contact The Fine Art Company
You can contact us using any of the methods listed below:
Telephone: 07973 779471
Mail: The Fine Art Company Ltd, 15 Malling Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2RA